UF Health Comprehensive Multiday Evaluations
At UF Health, our evaluation team has provided comprehensive multiday evaluations for people from all over the United States.
Call 352.265.5549 to learn more.
An independent medical examination, or an IME, is a unique and specialized examination and report, performed by a medical physician with special training and experience in the field of independent medical examinations. Although IMEs share some similarities with conventional medical reports, the IME is distinctly different.
In an IME, there is usually only a one-time opportunity for examination. Therefore, the IME needs to provide a complete, comprehensive and objective description of the examinee’s condition at that time, in the context of prior health, physical and vocational capabilities and social functioning.
Unlike the medical consultation that ends only with the treatment recommendations, the IME is broader in scope. Often, the IME will answer specific questions posted by the referring source such as the examinee’s ability to practice in a safety-sensitive profession with reasonable skill and safety.
The IME is a confidential. Reports from the IME are released only to the requesting agency, unless mandated by judicial authority or other circumstances. Informed written consents are obtained prior to the examination.
There is no doctor/patient relationship in the IME process.
The UF Health Comprehensive Multiday Evaluations consist of the following:
- Neuropsychological testing
- Addiction medicine assessment
- Psychiatric assessment
- Chronic pain consultation (if required by referral source)
- Comprehensive chain-of-custody toxicology
- Assessments of any/all co-occurring conditions
- Multiple visits with the evaluation team
- Wrap-up session prior to departure
IME reports concisely and impartially document on the following:
- Identifying information
- Content of evaluation history
- Past medical conditions
- Past psychiatric conditions
- Developmental and psychosocial history
- Educational and work history
- Legal history
- Family history
- Toxicology results
- Collateral information
- Mental status examination
- Dimensional assessment
- Diagnostic assessment
- Scott Teitelbaum, MD, FAAP, FASAM, MRO
- Jamie Smolen, MD
- Benjamin Phalin, PhD
- Gary Reisfield, MD
- William Hollifield, MD
- William Greene, MD
- Shannon Large, ARNP, DNP
Call 352.265.5549 to schedule.