Signs of a Problem
- Deterioration in personal grooming or physical appearance
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns. Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Frequently getting into trouble (arguments, fights, accidents, illegal activities)
- Unexplained change in personality or attitude
- Lack of motivation, inability to focus, appearing lethargic
- Appearing fearful, withdrawn, anxious, or paranoid with no apparent reason
- Silent, withdrawn, secretive or suspicious behaviors
- Unusual or unexplained need for money or financial problems; borrowing or stealing; missing money or valuables
- Sudden change in relationships, friends, favorite hangouts, and hobbies.
- Frequently getting into trouble (arguments, fights, accidents, illegal activities).
- Sudden mood changes, irritability, angry outbursts or laughing at nothing.
For more signs, visit the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.