FRC testing all new admissions, evaluations for COVID-19
Patients with mental health and substance abuse disorders still need treatment.
As we all learn how to navigate the national changes related to COVID-19 precautions and uncertainty, the UF Health Florida Recovery Center remains steadfast in the need to provide quality clinical care.
The UF Health Florida Recovery Center is taking extra steps to ensure patient and staff safety:
- All new evaluations and admissions are being tested for COVID-19.
- Protocols in place for patients with COVID-19 symptoms to be medically evaluated and tested as needed.
- Decreased group sizes and larger group room spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandated for staff and encouraged for patients.
- Increased disinfecting and cleaning in communal areas.
- Virtual support group meetings for patients.
Outpatient physician appointments and the Intensive Outpatient Program have gone Virtual.
Call us at 352.265.4372, and an intake facilitator is happy to help.
For more information about how UF Health is addressing COVID-19, please visit our dedicated site.